The Turner price exhibition at Tate Modern

I hadn’t any personal opinions or done any research before hand on any of the artists before visiting the exhibition which gave me a blank canvas and no expectations.

I first stepped into Paul Nobles space which truly is admirable realising the time and commitment he has for his very time consuming pieces. Besides this and being intrigued by the sheer size and imaginary landscapes, the shapes within shapes and how the closer you got his meticulous patterns and geographic mazes came to life.

Impressive and intriguing to get an insight into a very unusual mind but besides that I wasn’t moved.

Luke Fowlers film about RD Laing and the anti-psychiatry movement is a long and incredible compelling film. It reminded me and gave me a new ray of inspiration for working with film and the seductive powers of film. There were scenes from the inner workings of the medical institutions to the outside world. Instead of working as a documentary with a narrative you were drawn in with glimpses, details and dialogue to bring you deeper in.

Luke has an incredible gift when working with details, sound and textures. It builds through all sorts of nuances from very sad cases of very damaged patients on far to much medication to Laings inspiring words, wisdoms and spiritual self in old recordings from chat shows to personal footage.

Elizabeth Price’s piece after Luke Fowlers subtle but very intense piece managed to bring me to tears. I was so in awe by the beauty of her editing, her use of sound and the haunting topic. Her piece had so much presence. Weaving together existing archives of text, image and sound she creates a new story part reality , part fiction.

I was mainly seduced by the linking between the images and footage and her play with movement sound and words.

Both Luke and Elizabeth were very inspiring with their use of existing material.

Interesting clip with Elizabeth